Do you imagine yourself in an organization where you honestly feel that you are making a difference, whose core values match your own and you feel like you work in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we need you on our team.
Who We Are:
Quinte Business Accounting (QBA Inc.) is a firm that believes in work-life balance. We believe in furthering our education and being the leaders in our industry. We believe in providing the best results for our customers, and providing quality and excellence in what we do.Quinte Business Accounting Services Inc. (QBA Inc.) has continued to grow and prosper in Belleville ON since 1994. We work as a team, for the business, for our customers, and for each other.
Why Work for QBA Inc.:
- We offer a Monday through Friday, 34 hour work week (outside of tax season) that allows you to efficiently manage your workload and balance your personal and professional needs
- We have a culture of openness, fun, and collaboration with our colleagues and other accounting firms
- We love to celebrate holidays and birthdays…… especially birthdays
- Our dress code is “business casual” from Monday to Thursday with a full casual Friday.
- We take half days off on Fridays. That’s 24 full days of additional family time for those accounting nerds that keep track
- Future growth opportunities
This particular role is perfect for someone who is outgoing, friendly and professional who can manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative, clerical and marketing tasks. As an Administrator, you will be the first point of contact for our company.
The duties will include offering administrative support across the organization.You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and screening and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful in this position, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts during the tax season, so flexibility is a plus. Ultimately, an Administrator’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure that customers know they are welcome and appreciated, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities of this position:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the door
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationary and material
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning, and Efaxing
Accountable for taking customer paymentsQualifications/Work Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and Sharefile
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (printers, scanners, etc)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
Applicants MUST provide a cover letter in addition to their resume. Interviews will be held as candidates are screened, and may be conducted via telephone, and/or virtual meetings.Should applicants have any questions or concerns regarding this please advise us when the interview is being arranged.We thank all applicants for your interest in working for Quinte Business Accounting Services Inc. (QBA Inc.). Only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Types: Full-time
- PermanentSalary: $35,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Schedule:Monday to Friday
- Education:Secondary School (preferred)
- Experience: administrative assistant: 5 years (preferred) receptionist: 5 years (preferred)
- Work Location: One location