Do you imagine yourself in an organization where you honestly feel that you are making a difference, whose core values match your own and you feel like you work in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we need you on our team.
Who We Are:
Quinte Business Accounting (QBA Inc.) is a firm that believes in work-life balance. We believe in furthering our education and being the leaders in our industry. We believe in providing the best results for our customers, and providing quality and excellence in what we do.
Quinte Business Accounting Services Inc. (QBA Inc.) has continued to grow and prosper in Belleville ON since 1994. We work as a team, for the business, for our customers, and for each other.
Why Work for QBA Inc.:
- We offer a Monday through Friday, 34 hour work week (outside of tax season) that allows you to efficiently manage your workload and balance your personal and professional needs
- We have a culture of openness, fun, and collaboration with our colleagues and other accounting firms
- We love to celebrate holidays and birthdays…… especially birthdays
- Our dress code is “business casual” from Monday to Thursday with a full casual Friday.
- We take half days off on Fridays. That’s 24 full days of additional family time for those accounting nerds that keep track
- Future growth opportunities
We are looking for an accounting professional who will couple extensive financial knowledge with a strong foundation of business management.
In order for you to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will need to be an ambitious, dedicated and disciplined business leader and financial champion who utilizes a proactive approach to overcome hindrances and implement prudent financial management decisions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities of this position:
- Develop systems to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Balance subsidiary account by reconciling entries
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Comply with federal, provincial and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements ; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Proven work experience as an accounting professional
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, SAGE, Quickbooks Desktop, Quickbooks Online and Sharefile
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
Applicants MUST provide a cover letter in addition to their resume. Interviews will be held as candidates are screened, and may be conducted via telephone, and/or virtual meetings.
Should applicants have any questions or concerns regarding this please advise us when the interview is being arranged. We thank all applicants for your interest in working for Quinte Business Accounting Services Inc. (QBA Inc.). Only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: from $35.000.00 per year